Marketing your event at Halton Mill
We can help you promote your event in a variety of ways. First please check that you’re not clashing with other local events by looking on the Caton parish website .
- We can add any basic info that you’ve included in our booking form, to our bi-monthly ‘Run of the Mill!’ calendar, which is published in the local village magazine the Parish Prattle, and is distributed around the Mill and the village, and in Lancaster. We’d need brief details – max 20 words plus contact details. Deadline 10th of the month before publication. A contribution of £5 towards our costs is appreciated.
- Our designer Moonloft can help with poster design. A poster using our basic event template would be £15, you can discuss a more expensive tailor-made poster with Adele at Moonloft (firstname.lastname@example.org) If you wish to use another designer, please ask for our logo, full address and website details to go on your poster.
- Poster print and distribution. Distribution through the Mill, Halton village, on the narrow bridge leading into the village, and in Lancaster costs £10 per event. Completed poster needs to be with us a month in advance to ensure distribution.
- Door to door flier distribution. We can print and distribute 200 colour A5 fliers to the houses in the vicinity of the Mill, along Mill Lane for an additional £15. For door to door distribution throughout Halton, you would need to engage a leaflet distribution company such as http://www.leafletsdelivered.co.uk/Leaflet-Distribution/Lancaster-LA2.html.
Web and social media
- We can add information you provide us about your event onto the Halton Mill website with a link to your own website. Please supply us with copy and pictures.
- Facebook events: if you set up a Facebook event and send us a link, we will add it to our page so that our 400+ Facebook followers and our 1500+ Twitter followers will see the event on their social media feeds; and you can send it to your own Facebook and Twitter followers. We will also share the event on the ‘Halton on Lune’ facebook group. We’ll do all this as part of your room booking fee.
- We suggest that you add your event to Virtual Lancaster, What’s On in the Lancaster District, and Streetlife (in Halton and in Lancaster), Caton Village website events listings, the Events in Lancaster Morecambe and Surrounds Facebook page. Or we could do all this for you for a further £10.
Media and online listings
- We suggest that you send a press release about your event to the Lancaster Guardian (currently Nick.email@example.com); Lancashire Evening Post, Bay Radio and BBC Radio Lancashire. Virtual Lancaster provides a very helpful Media Links page for the latest info.
- Send listings information to Susan Lucas firstname.lastname@example.org who writes Halton News for the Village pages of the Lancaster Guardian. Also send to the Lancaster Guardian’s Listings page directly, currently maintained by email@example.com
To discuss this further please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 07582 789406