Green Elephant, the cooperative managing Halton Mill, provide a number of services and facilities to support tenants. These include:
- B4RN Broadband for the Rural North Wifi throughout the building. B4RN is a community broadband provider who provide superfast fibre optic 1000 megabits per second broadband to Halton Mill.
- Building management: a part time site manager, Chris Coates, oversees the building; and a part time operations manager, Fiona Frank, working with part time assistants oversees the administration, finance, and bookings functions.
- Printing/photocopying services: we have a multi-functional printer/photocopier/scanning machine available for use by tenants
- Networking: we organise networking events for tenants to get to know each other, exchange ideas and offer support
- Parking: there are some car parking spaces available for tenant and visitor use, including two disabled spaces. Please use the spaces marked for Halton Mill tenants and their visitors.
- Community car club: there is a car club, run mainly for the use of Lancaster Cohousing members, which Mill tenants are potentially able to join
- Security: the building will normally be locked out of hours (before 8.30, after 5.30 and at weekends). Tenants and users can get keys to gain access outside these hours.
- Collaborative marketing for events and tenants: we publish a two-monthly ‘Run of the Mill!’ calendar in the village newsletter ‘Parish Prattle’ and distribute this in poster form around the village and in Lancaster. We also publish editorial in the Prattle and occasional local and national press releases and social media items including news about our tenants.