The Hive is a well equipped, comfortable, friendly co-working space – bring your laptop and hook up to our hyperfast broadband, wired or wirelessly. There are several screens to plug your laptop into, and one desktop computer for members’ use. We can set you up to use our commercial printer for printing, photocopying and scanning.
We try to keep our prices flexible and affordable, so that everyone gets the opportunity to use the space. Prices are:
- £10 for 10 hours ‘pay as you go’ – use any available desk
- £60 a month for 80 hours use of the Hive – use any available desk
- £100 a month for your own , identified, full time desk.
Both monthly options include a set of locking drawers and a box to store things in our store room if required. Monthly members and regular users can access the Hive 24/7 with their own key.
£10/month for an address, “fair use” mail forwarding service, use of the Mill printer, and use of a desk in the hotdesking suite when available for up to 10 hours/month.
B4RN Broadband for the Rural North is a community broadband provider who provide superfast fibre optic 1000 megabits per second broadband to Halton Mill. See the images below for wireless and wired speeds!
To have a look round, have a free trial day, find out more or to book a desk contact email@example.com or tel 07582 789406.The Hive is
Is the Hive for you?
The Hive is ideal for:
- freelancers, distance workers and consultants, particularly people who want to take the first step away from working at home, or who are just starting up an new enterprise.
- people who are using the Mill for events, courses or meetings, and need somewhere to do their own work
- people who need hyperfast broadband for their work, especially if they are uploading and downloading material, or who have internet problems at home/work
- people who want to work in an office atmosphere, but can’t afford their own private office
- people who need to get away from their normal routine to work on a one-off project or piece of writing
We currently host a translator, an editor, researchers, charity workers, a film maker, web designers, among others! See ‘who’s at the mill’ to find out more.
The Hive is on the first floor – there is currently no disabled access, but we are working hard to raise the money to install a lift.
Benefits of joining the Hive
If you join the Hive, you become part of the Halton Mill community and gain a series of benefits. These include:
- being eligible to join the Green Elephant Cooperative, which runs the Mill, and input into decision making
- access to the other communal spaces within Halton Mill – including our cafe, atrium and mezzanine area – for informal meetings or relaxing (as long as these have not been booked out for private events)
- a 10% discount when booking our rooms for a private meeting or event
- Free tea and coffee
- cut price or free last minute booking of our seminar room for your private use: it can be booked for half price two weeks before you use it, or you can book it free of charge on the day, as long as no full paying booking wants to use it
- networking opportunities with other Hive and Mill users – both formal and informal
- marketing support and advice